Ask DeFazio to Preserve Walking and Biking Today!
Next Thursday, the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee will vote on the American Energy and Infrastructure Jobs Act, a bill that eliminates crucial funds for walking and biking. DeFazio is in a key position to save dedicated funding for walking and biking.
The National SRTS National Partnership has made it easy for you, just push the “Take Action” button:
The American Energy and Infrastructure Jobs Act, the long awaited multi-year Transportation Bill, eliminates the two largest programs that fund walking and biking infrastructure-Transportation Enhancements and Safe Routes to School. Without these programs, communities all over the country will lose resources to build the sidewalks, crosswalks, and bikeways that make walking and biking safe and accessible in your community. We can’t let that happen!
If you’d like to write a personal letter tell DeFazio:
- How active transportation helps you and your family
- How important the funding is that has helped to create our great walking and biking environment
- That walking and biking make up 12 percent of all trips, but only 1.5 percent of federal funding.
- That two out of three pedestrian deaths take place on roads built with federal funding. Ensuring funds for sidewalks, crosswalks, and bikeways help end preventable deaths and make roads safer for everyone.
- When cities are walking- and biking-friendly, business and economic development improves.
Thank you for all that you do to keep walking and bicycling safe and accessible!